Saturday, August 11, 2012

Celery Root Pasta (no oil)

Need a spiralizer for this one.  This is always a big hit.  I was always afraid of this root bound mess but I have gotten over my fears.

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:

One celery root (also called celeriac), spiralized on smallest setting
1/2 small onion, growing end cut off
10 grape tomatoes, halved the long way
1/8 tsp. dried thyme (I dry fresh in a cup in my kitchen)
1/2 lime, squeezed
hemp seeds (optional, leave out if want no-fat)
sea salt

Directions:

  1. Cut all of outside off of celery root.  Rinse off all dirt.
  2. Cut in quarters.  Spiralize each quarter at a time.
  3. Cut up the celery root spirals a bit so not so long (up to you).
  4. Add lime and a few shakes of salt to help soften the celery root.
  5. Spiralize the onion.  Put flat side against multi-pronged crank end. 
  6. Add tomatoes and thyme and hemp seeds if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment