Sunday, August 12, 2012

Veggie Chunks with Apple Bits in a Romaine Heart

Got this from rawfoodsupport.com.  My kind of recipe.  Just a list of ingredients with no amounts.  :)  Very light and fresh tasting.  Great summer meal or to bring to a potluck.

Jayelle writes:

"I made a collard wrap and it's so yummy. I put in it tomato, zucchini, carrots, a small amount of bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, and an apple. I put it in the food processor until it was all chopped up. I had it in there for longer than I meant to but oh well. Then I put it all on two large collard leaves and topped with sprouts. I could only eat one of the wraps but it was so yummmy!"

I made it in a romaine heart instead.  It is really good and everyone should try it the original recipe as is first.  I was craving savory, as I usually do, with some fat so I added:

lime juice, sea salt, green onion slices, and thin slices of avocado onto each romaine heart.

Very difficult for me to eat a savory meal without salt or fat.  Know would be better for my health.  Not looking to lose weight.  Wouldn't mind gaining a few pounds actually.  Just feel better without being gunked up by the fat, especially if there is fruit present.



No comments:

Post a Comment